1. The promoter of Cryptonite is Ledger Point, 13 Penn Gardens Chislehurst, Kent, BR7 5RY.
2. These terms and conditions are correct as of August 2018 and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, and any disputes will be decided only by the English courts. Cryptonite reserves the right to change these, at any time, on reasonable notice for legal, regulatory, business or policy reasons. Members who continue to participate in the scheme following such a change will be considered to have accepted the updated terms and conditions.
3. A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms and conditions, but this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act
These Terms form the entire basis of any agreement reached between you and us.
By using the App you agree to be bound by these Terms.
1. Update to these Terms from time to time and any changes will be notified to you via a suitable announcement on the App. It is your responsibility to check for such changes. The changes will apply to the use of the App after we have given such announcement. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms you should not continue to use the App. If you continue to use the App after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the App indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms; and
2. Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this App and the material contained within (or any part) without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you for any modification to or withdrawal of the App or its contents.
You warrant that
1. The Cryptonite account details which you are required to provide on the App and Mobile app are true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and
2. You are not impersonating any other person or entity. The loyalty points acquired during products purchased through the retailer or Online shopping are for private and domestic use only. You will notify us immediately of any changes to the personal information by e-mailing our customer service representatives at : email@example.com
Cryptonite notifications and communications
Data Privacy and Use of personal information
Your personal information and data will be held securely in Cryptonite platform so that we can manage your relationship with us. Cryptonite has a moral, legal and regulatory responsibility to protect the privacy of individuals who provide us with personal information and data. We may use your personal information to provide and improve the Cryptonite products and services; to carry out Anti Money Laundering (AML), Know Your Client (KYC) and regulatory checks; to evaluate any risks; to identify, prevent, detect or tackle fraud, money laundering and other crime; to manage your Account; to identify which of our, or others', products might interest you and inform you about them; and for statistical analysis and market research.
1. We may also disclose your personal information:
a) If we have to by law.
b) To our subcontractors/agents, who act on our behalf, for any of the purposes described in section above;
c) To any fraud prevention and law enforcement agencies for the purposes of identifying, preventing, detecting or tackling fraud, money laundering and other crime; and
d) To meet our obligations to any relevant regulatory authority
2. Without limiting any of the above, if you give us false or inaccurate personal information and we identify fraud, we will record this with fraud prevention agencies and may inform law enforcement agencies. We and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) may use, search and access these records from the United Kingdom and other countries (e.g. offshore operations of United Kingdom businesses) to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
a) Check your identity to prevent money laundering; and
b) Checking details of job applicants and employees.
3. By submitting personal information to Cryptonite, you agree that it may be used in all the ways described above. We will not be liable for any use or misuse of your personal data by others, but you agree to inform us promptly of any misuse of the Cryptonite App or the website of which you are aware.
4. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended), you have a right to access certain personal records we hold about you. This is called a data access request, which you can make by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A fee of up to £ 30.00 may be payable, but we will not charge you until we have told you how much the fee is and what it is for, and you have told us you still want to proceed.
5. We and our business partners may access and use the information recorded by credit reference and fraud prevention agencies for the purposes of identifying, preventing, detecting or tackling fraud, money laundering and other crime.
6. When you shop with one of Participating Businesses (in shop as well as Online), we may ask you to input personal details in order for us to identify you, such as your name, e-mail address or other payment information
7. Cryptonite does not hold your information other than for the purpose of providing the Exclusive loyalty points to you.
In this section, "personal information" means any information or data relating to any person or individual.
Protecting Your Security
To ensure that your Cryptocard is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases.
We take the risk of Internet fraud very seriously. There is a possibility we may contact you to make additional security checks and we ask for your co-operation to enable us to complete them. We will not tolerate fraudulent transactions and such transactions will be reported to the relevant authorities.
By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a participating Business/Retailer that may keep a record of that information. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
The App may only be used for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the App and its use. You agree not to upload or transmit through the App:
a) Any computer viruses or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer; and
b) Any material which is defamatory, offensive or of an obscene character
You agree to fully indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of these Terms by you, or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this App or any other person accessing the App using your personal information.
Third Party Links
As a convenience to our customers, the App may include links to other Apps or material, which is beyond our control. For your information, we are not responsible for such Apps or material nor do we review or endorse them. We will not be liable, whether directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or content of such Apps nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, materials or services available on such external Apps or resources.
Businesses & Retailers
Eligibility to Participate
1. Every business joining Cryptonite will be the Primary Distributor on a Cryptonite Account in the name of that business and must authorise an individual to manage and operate the Cryptonite account on its behalf (the Business Contact Person). The Business will ensure that the Business Contact Person is aware they have been so authorised and that their details have been provided. All points earned on that Cryptonite account will accrue to the business. The business can change the Business Contact Person at any time in accordance with the procedures notified by Ledger Point Ltd. from time to time.
2. Business/Retailers need to pass AML/KYC checks to be successfully onboarded to Cryptonite platform. These checks include –
a) Owner Address Proof verification
b) Owner ID Verification
c) Companies house checks
d) Market data validations
Our Retailer Acquisition executive screens majority of retailers by visiting their shops/office and asking for basic information. Additionally any account top up by retailers in excess of £1000.00 will be flagged by our platform and will undergo further checks to check for any irregularities. On certain occasion we also demand Proof of fund source from retailers.
3. Businesses/Retailers categorised under following industry type are not eligible to participate in Cryptonite Loyalty schemes-
b) Unauthorised/Unconventional medicine
c) Hazardous Chemicals
4. Business will define the Loyalty scheme during registration process. Any changes to loyalty schemes will be requested through Ledger point customer services reachable at email@example.com
5. Business should be registered with Companies house in UK
Price and Payment
Cryptonite will charge a flat 10% commission on all loyalty points rewarded to customer.
Eligibility to Purchase
To be eligible to purchase goods on this App and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this App under English law you must:
a) Be a Cryptonite loyalty points collector;
b) If an individual, be 18 years of age or over; and
c) Register your real name, address, phone number, e-mail address any other details requested.
By offering to purchase goods and services you represent to us that you are 18 years of age or over and authorise us to transmit information (included updated information) to obtain information from third parties, including but not limited to, your debit or credit card numbers or credit reports to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
1. Members must present their Cryptocard on Cryptonite App at the checkout in order to collect Cryptocurrencies for a transaction in store.
2. Members will be required to quote their Cryptocard number to collect points on purchases made through any catalogue, phone, partner or online transaction.
3. To be awarded Cryptocurrencies, members must spend above a certain amount on qualifying products in a single transaction at participating businesses. The amount of points awarded may change and will vary depending on the products bought, the amount spent and where the transaction takes place. There is a minimum threshold of £2.50 before Cryptocurrency order can be placed for a Customer
4. Points will not be awarded for non-qualifying products, including tobacco or tobacco related products.
5. Participating Businesses may set a limit on the number of times points may be awarded for promotional items on which additional points are available. Individual promotions may have different limits as communicated in regards their purchase conditions. Any participation in promotional offers above and beyond what could objectively be considered consumer behaviour or personal use may be considered as abuse of the scheme.
6. Cryptonite is entitled to withdraw support for a Cryptocurrency at any time if products are returned for any reason and a full or partial refund of the purchase price is given. This also applies to the exchange of products, unless the exchange is for products with an equivalent points value.
7. Cryptocurrencies awarded at the time of the transaction or vouchers already issued may be removed or cancelled if Cryptonite determines that the points were collected in breach of these terms and conditions or were awarded in error. For the avoidance of doubt, any advice or actions of our staff that is contrary to these terms and conditions will not have the effect of changing these terms and conditions.
8. Cryptonite is under no obligation to award Crypto currencies for any reason outside of qualifying transactions.
9. The Cryptonite account and Cryptocard in whatever form, are issued by and remain the property of Cryptonite, which may, at any time, terminate the scheme or alter or amend the conditions of operation of the scheme.
We will source Cryptocurrency spot prices from CoinMarketCap (accessible at https://coinmarketcap.com/), BitStamp (https://www.bitstamp.net/)and Binance (https://www.binance.com/).In the unlikely event that the SPOT price provided by these exchanges vary significantly, and we discover this before accepting your order, we will make every effort to place order at the lowest price.
We always try and ensure that the prices of Cryptocurrencies shown on our App are accurate, but occasionally genuine errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the Cryptocurrency that you have ordered we will let you know as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If you cancel your order and you have already paid, then you will receive a full refund. We will refund you using the same method used for the original payment.
Please familiarise yourself with these terms and conditions before you start using Cryptonite App, as we reserve the right to reject or cancel any orders which do not comply with these terms even if your credit or debit card has been charged by Business/Retailer.
1. These terms and conditions are applicable across the entire Cryptonite schemes and any participation is considered as acceptance.
2. The Cryptonite schemes in whatever form, are issued by and remain the property of Cryptonite, which may, at any time, terminate the scheme or alter or amend the conditions of operation of the scheme.
3. All members of the scheme must be resident in the UK and aged 18 years or over.
4. Members are only entitled to one Cryptonite account each. Cryptonite reserves the right to refuse, merge or close additional accounts at any time.
5. Members must register their personal details and keep Cryptonite informed of any changes. Cryptonite cannot be held responsible for any loss of Cryptocurrencies or loyalty points incurred as a result of out of date details. Accounts with out of date details that have not been updated for two years will be removed and any Cryptocurrencies will be forfeited.
6. The Cryptonite app and cryptonite card, in whatever form, is not transferable, cannot be copied and can only be used by the member who is named and registered for the card.
7. Cryptocard remain the responsibility of the Cryptonite member, as do any security details relating to the account. Cryptonite cannot be held responsible for any loss arising from the member failing to ensure the safe-keeping of these items.
8. Cryptonite may decline to issue, withdraw or cancel Cryptonite accounts and Cryptocurrencies, in whatever form, and / or remove a member from the scheme at any time where there is reasonable belief of:
a) Any abuse or attempted abuse of the scheme;
b) Any breach or attempted breach of these terms and conditions and / or those relating to the optional elements of the scheme;
c) Any behaviour relating to Cryptocard or the Cryptonite that involves theft, misconduct, abusive or offensive behaviour, or supplying false or misleading information.
9. The scheme is only for personal and consumer use. Cryptocard cannot be used for any business transaction or purpose.
10. Cryptonite accounts cannot be transferred, bought, sold or in any way traded.
11. Members may be able to express a preference for their statement, and where we have their consent other Cryptocard mailings, to be sent to their registered e-mail address or mobile phone number. We will endeavour to respect this preference but reserve the right to send these to the member's registered postal address without prior notification to the member. This may be necessary for business or policy reasons or where there are problems with the registered email address or mobile phone number provided by the member.
12. Members can choose to leave the scheme at any time. By leaving the scheme members forfeit the right to any Cryptocurrencies already accrued or issued
13. Members who do not collect any points for two years can be removed from the scheme and will need to reapply for new membership should they wish to rejoin.
14. Members may inherit the points or vouchers of a family member who has died by providing a written request informing us of the membership details of the deceased.
ALL Cryptocurrency orders are subject to acceptance and availability. If the Cryptocurrencies ordered are not available, you will be notified by e-mail (or by other means if no e-mail address has been provided) and you will have the option either to wait until the Cryptocurrency is available from stock or to cancel your order.
Any orders placed by you will be treated as an offer to purchase the Cryptocurrency from exchanges and we have the right to reject such offers at any time. You acknowledge that any automated acknowledgment of your order which you may receive from us shall not amount to our acceptance of your offer to purchase goods or services advertised on the App.
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data provided by you when accessing or ordering from the App.
Cryptonite reserves the right to cancel orders and/or suspend accounts where we believe products are being ordered in breach of this provision.
You will assume the risk for the Cryptocurrencies once they have been delivered to your account. We accept no liability where you provide an incorrect delivery address for external wallet transfers, or where you fail to collect the Cryptocurrencies, which you specified.
The content of the App is protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights and you acknowledge that the material and content supplied as part of the App shall remain with us or our licensors.
You may retrieve and display the content of the App on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the App.
Limitation of Liability
Notwithstanding any other provision in the Terms, nothing in these Terms:
a) Affect or limit your rights as a consumer under English law; or
b) Will exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
The App is provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties, whether express or implied, in relation to it and its use. You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and cannot be responsible for the security or privacy of the App and any information provided by you. You must bear the risk associated with the use of the Internet.
Whilst we will try to ensure that material included on the App is correct, reputable and of high quality, we cannot accept responsibility if this is not the case. We will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information or for any technical problems you may experience with the App. If we are informed of any inaccuracies in the material on the App we will attempt to correct this as soon as we reasonably can.
In particular, we disclaim all liabilities in connection with the following:
a) Incompatibility of the App with any of your equipment, software or telecommunications links;
b) Technical problems including errors or interruptions of the App;
c) Unsuitability, unreliability or inaccuracy of the App; and
d) Failure of the App to meet your requirements.
e) To the full extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages (both of which terms includes, without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, loss of privacy and loss of data) or any other indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to the App.
If any part of the Terms shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions of the Terms.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Digital currency is not legal tender, is not backed by the government, and digital currency accounts and value balances on Cryptonite are not subject to Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or Securities Investor Protection Corporation protections.
Cryptocurrencies markets are Decentralised and non-regulated. Our services to you are unregulated services, which are not governed by any specific European regulatory framework (including MIFID). Therefore, when Cryptonite customers are using our services including but not limited to buying and selling Cryptocurrencies, they will not benefit from the protections available to clients receiving regulated investment services such as access to compensation or the Financial Ombudsman service for dispute resolution. All these products carry a high degree of risk and are not suitable for many investors. This notice does not explain nature of all the risks nor how such risks relate to your personal circumstances. It is important that you fully understand the risks involved before deciding to trade in Cryptocurrencies and if you are in doubt you should seek professional advice. Trading involves risk to your capital. You should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose.